1. Credit card donations are the PREFERRED METHOD for making flat rate donations because we do not have the volunteers needed for a manual fundraiser.
WE LISTENED: NEW THIS YEAR, 100% of all donations go to the CR Community (PTO) (NOT JUST 50% due to 3rd party fees), less normal credit card processing fees.
Please provide family and friends with:
2. If you or your sponsors cannot donate by credit card, then collect and send cash/checks with your student to give to his/her teacher or the office.
I go to Cedar Ridge Elementary School in Eden Prairie. Our Cedar Ridge Community (PTO) provides educational opportunities and items for students that are NOT OTHERWISE FUNDED. They pay for field trip buses, our student directory and calendar, Science Night, visits from educational specialists, staff workshop lunches, teacher Wish List items and much more!
This year, our fundraising theme is SUPER READER! I will be completing up to 5 reading activities per week in October so that I am a SUPER READER! Will you support me by making a flat rate donation to the CR Community (PTO)?
You can easily pay by credit card on the CR Community (PTO) website, which is the PREFERRED METHOD. If you can’t pay by credit card on their website (www.cedarridgepto.org), they will accept cash or a check (made out to Cedar Ridge PTO).
Thank you for supporting me as I work on becoming a SUPER READER!
1. Each SUPER READER activity requires at least 15 minutes of reading in order to mark it complete.
2. Your student will complete up to 5 SUPER READER activities of their choosing each week, even when we have days off from school. And, your student should try to complete up to 5 activities each week, even when the week includes a school day from September or November.
3. Your student can select the same activity in a following week, but why not be a brave SUPER READER and try something new?!?
SUPER READER Activities:
1. I read before bed.
2. I read before school.
3. I read out loud to a stuffed animal or pet.
4. I read newspaper articles.
5. I read magazine articles.
6. I re-read a favorite book.
7. I read from a fiction book.
8. I read from a non-fiction book.
9. I listened to an audio book.
10. I read in the dark with a flashlight.
11. I read jokes.
12. I read comics.
13. I read poetry.
14. I read outside.
15. I read to a special person.
16. I had someone read to me.
17. I took turns reading with a special person.
18. I read with everyone I live with.
19. I wrote a review about a book I read.
20. I read from one of my favorite authors.
21. I read from a book that has a cover I like.
22. I played Scrabble.
23. I made up a new ending to a book.
24. I read a “How To” article, instructions, recipe or book and then did it.
25. I created a special reading spot and then read in that spot.
26. I learned 3 new words using a dictionary.
27. I read about a country that I have not traveled to.
28. I read from something that came in the mail.
29. I read online.
30. I drew or wrote about what I read.
31. I read road signs from the car.
32. I read labels at the grocery store.
33. I completed a reading activity that my teacher created.
34. I created my own reading activity.
The CR Community is YOU! It's all CR parents, guardians, teachers and friends of our school.
The CR Community provides educational opportunities and items for our students that are NOT OTHERWISE FUNDED.
For example, the CR Community pays for field trip buses, the student directory and calendar, Science Night, visits from educational specialists, staff workshop lunches, teacher Wish List items and much more!
Your student SUPER READER will be challenged to complete up to 5 reading activities to complete each week (up to 25 for the month) while gathering flat rate donations (ex. $25) in support of your student’s efforts. We are only collecting flat rate donations, not donations per page/book/activity/week/etc.
*WE LISTENED: NEW THIS YEAR, 100% of all donations go to the CR Community (PTO)(NOT JUST 50% due to 3rd party fees), less normal credit card processing fees.*
We will track classroom and grade (not individual) fundraising progress on our lobby bulletin board, our Facebook page and this website.
Teachers will kick off each week with a short lesson to inspire your SUPER READER.
Classrooms will compete to win a special activity each week. And, there is a special day at the end of each week to add to the excitement!
Click HERE to submit any questions.
We listened to your feedback about:
Plastic trinkets as prizes
Making it educational
3rd party provider 50% fees from our donations, etc.
As a result, we have created a new, educational and fun Fall Fundraiser called:
Classrooms and grades (not individuals) can win special opportunities (not plastic trinkets) while the CR Community (PTO) receives 100% of all donations (less typical credit card fees because paying by credit card is PREFERRED due to the number of volunteers needed for a manual fundraiser).
So, let's MAKE THIS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL Fall Fundraiser yet!